Garlicky Tomato Toast with Sardines
An open face Mediterranean sandwich that's packed with protien and added nutrients.
- 1 can Raincoast Trading Sardines in Spring Water drained Sardines can be subsituted for your favourite type of Raincoast Trading Sardines
- 2 slices Bread
- 1 clove Garlic
- ⅛ cup Red onion Sliced
- 2 tbsp Parsley Finely chopped
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 1 Tomato Sliced to your desired thickness
- 2 tbsp Crumbled Feta cheese Can be subsituted with goat cheese
- 1 tsp Balsamic glaze
- Melt ½ of the butter in a large skillet or pan and place the bread into the pan to toast.
- Toast for 3 minutes until it’s golden brown and crispy. Melt the rest of the butter and flip the bread over, toasting for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Slice 1 clove of garlic in half and rib it on one side of both pieces of toast.
- Slice sardines in half, lengthwise.
- Top the toast with sardines, sliced red onion, and sliced tomatoes.
- Add a crumbling of feta cheese, and drizzle balsamic glaze over the vegatables and feta.
- Top it off with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and enjoy!