Greek Salmon Shepards Pie with Feta
Yamas! A family favourite with a Mediterranean twist
- ½ sweet onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp dried mustard powder
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots approx. 4 medium carrots
- ¼ cup kalamata olives thinly sliced
- 75 g feta cheese crumbled or shredded
- ½ Tbsp lemon (juiced about 1.5 )
- 4 cans Raincoast Trading Wild Pink Salmon
- 4 cups dill mashed potatoes (3-4 large cooked peeled white potatoes tablespoon butter, ⅛-1/4 cup dill pickle brine, almond milk as needed for desired consistency (1/4-1/2 cups), salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions.
- Add garlic, carrots and mustard powder when onions are translucent.
- When carrots are soft, remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish pour in salmon, onion mixture, olives, feta cheese, and lemon juice. Mix well so that salmon is flaked apart, and spread evenly.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Put in oven to heat through salmon (everything is already cooked at this point). If desired, broil until potatoes are golden brown on top.