Smoky Dijon Tuna Po Boy Salad
All the fun and flavour of our favourite sandwich made with crispy tuna balls and dressed in a simple remoulade dressing.
- 2 can Raincoast Trading tuna
- 3 tablespoons finely minced green onion
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika thyme, oregano, cayenne, and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup panko - gluten-free if needed
- Oil for cooking
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon each: dijon mustard ketchup, white vinegar, hot sauce, and prepared horseradish
- ¼ teaspoon each: garlic and onion powder
- Lettuce tomatoes, and any other veggies you love
- Add all of the tuna ball ingredients to a medium sized bowl EXCEPT add only ¼ cup of the panko. Mix together well. Add the remaining ¼ cup of panko to a small bowl.
- Roll the tuna into 10-12 balls then roll each ball in panko and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the tuna is setting in the fridge, make the remoulade, wash the lettuce, and cut the tomatoes.
- Heat a small splash of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the tuna balls, working in batches if needed so they aren't crowded. Pan-fry, turning frequently, until they are crispy all around.
- Toss the lettuce with half of the remoulade and top with tomatoes and tuna balls. Serve the remaining remoulade on the side for dipping.
The tuna balls are delicate (which makes them awesome!) so make sure to handle them gently when frying so they don't fall apart. The tuna balls are delicious served warm or cold.