Spicy Tuna Tostadas with Lime
Quick and easy meal featuring a fresh and light tuna salad with a vibrant salsa and toasted tortilla base.
- 4 4 x 6" fresh corn tortillas
- olive oil for brushing the tortillas
- 1 Can
Raincoast Trading Albacore Tuna
- 2 limes zest and juice divided
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 purple cabbage shredded
- 1/4 pineapple chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado pit and skin removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- sea salt to season
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper and place corn tortillas on it. Brush lightly with olive oil on both sides. Bake for about 5-7 minutes per side, 10-14 minutes total, flipping once. Tortillas should crinkle-up on the sides and just start to turn slightly brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss tuna (Raincoast Trading doesn't require draining, drain other brandwith zest and juice from 1 lime, garlic, and chopped jalapeño. Season lightly with salt and toss to combine flavours.
- In a medium bowl combine pineapple, red bel pepper, avocado, and cilantro. Season lightly with salt.
- Layer corn tortillas, tuna, cabbage, and salsa.