Hearty Salmon Chowder with Thyme
A creamy fish soup packed with veggies is a super satisficing meals on a cold and blustery day.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 leek trimmed and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb trimmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 leaves bay
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 inch russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 cubes
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 160 gram can Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In a dutch oven or large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery, leek, and fennel and cook about 5 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add thyme, bay leaves, salt and fennel seeds and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add potatoes, stock, and tomato juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salmon (breaking into chunkand cream. Heat on medium low until soup is hot but not boiling. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve hot, with parsley for garnish.