Wild Sockeye Salmon Hash with a hint of Maple
Salmon. Bacon. Brussel sprouts and maple syrup hash. Need we say more?
- 1 Can Raincoast Trading No Salt Wild Sockeye Salmon drained
- 250 g little red nugget potatoes washed & cut in half
- 300 g fresh Brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and cut in half
- 4 slices bacon; diced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp pure Maple Syrup chopped
- pistachios for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F – place rack in center
- Using a cast iron skillet (or a fry pan that can go from stove top to oveover medium heat, cook diced bacon until it’s almost crisp. About 6 minutes.
- Do not drain oil.
- Add the little potatoes and Brussels sprouts to the pan, and stir to coat them with the bacon fat. Season with pepper and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Place the pan into the oven and let the mixture bake for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Melt butter and maple syrup in a microwave safe dish, set aside.
- Once the potatoes and Brussels sprouts are cooked, mix in Raincoast Trading Wild Sockeye Salmon and place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve hash in a bowl with a drizzle of the maple butter and pistachios as a garnish.