Zesty Tuna Cakes
These baked tuna cakes will be devoured faster than you made them!
- 2 Cans Raincoast Trading Albacore Tuna drained
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons green onions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper powder optional
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- vegetable oil
- sweet chilli dipping sauce or garlic aioli for serving optional
- In a medium sized bowl, add the tuna, egg, green onions, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and ¼ cup of the panko bread crumbs. Stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 8 mini patties (about 1 and ½ inches in diameter). Coat the patties in the remaining ¼ cup of panko bread crumbs and and place on a plate. Place the plate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease a baking tray with vegetable oil. Place the patties on the tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Carefully place the patties on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with a side of sweet chilli dipping sauce or garlic aioli.